Sunday, August 23, 2009

Do I need Norton Antivirus as a separate program or is it part of Yahoo.com?

If Norton is part of Yahoo e-mail program how do I cancel my separate Norton subscription so it is not duplicated?



Do I need Norton Antivirus as a separate program or is it part of Yahoo.com?hp



Norton (Symantec) has nothing to do with Yahoo.



http://www.symantec.com/index.jsp



Do I need Norton Antivirus as a separate program or is it part of Yahoo.com?mcaffee



THIS IS AN INTERESTING QUESTION. I HAVE TWO COMPUTERS. ONE RUNS MACAFFE THE OTHER RUNS NORTON. I ASKED THE TECNICIAN WHO HELPS ME WITH ALL MY HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE PROBLEMS WHEN MY NORTON EXPIRES SHOULD I JUST USE THE YAHOO VERSION AS ITS FREE WITH THE SERVICE I SUBSCRIBE TO. THOUGH THERE ARE DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF EACH ONE HE TOLD ME THE ONE HE INSTALLED IS BETTER THAN THE ONE USED BY YAHOO. HE DIDNT EXPLAIN WHY. I DIDNT ASK. I FELT THAT HE THOUGHT THE ONE VERSON OF NORTON HE INSTALLED WAS MORE COMPREHENSIVE. IT IS NICE OF YAHOO TO OFFER IT AS A FREE SERVICE. GOOD LUCK BOB
Norton is made by the guys at Symantec, and it isn't a part of Yahoo!. To cancel it, uninstall Norton.
The Norton on yahoo only scans your yahoo email. The Norton you have on your computer checks incoming email and stops other stuff from the Internet when you are not on yahoo's website. Keep your subscription current.

No comments:

Post a Comment